Laity Sunday is October 15th!
Laity Sunday is a special Sunday established by the General Conference of the United Methodist Church and focuses on the celebration of the ministry of all lay Christians. We will celebrate this day by having a number of lay people from our congregation lead all parts of the worship services. You don’t want to miss this special Sunday in worship.
We want to see our FAITH IN ACTION! As part of Laity Sunday the congregation is invited to share in several service projects on Sunday morning, October 15. The Wesley Center will be open 9:00 am through 12:00 pm for volunteers to respond to Pastor Eric’s “Be Rich” service project challenge with a few hands-on opportunities for ministry.
- The Asbury Quilters will again undertake sewing ponchos to contribute to the homeless thru the Lehigh Valley Hospital's Department of Street Medicine. If you can sew a straight line, bring your machine and join us.
- Remember to collect stamps and join Jan Kuhns as she prepares them to contribute to the Stamp Ministry.
- We will have stationery and pens for you to write a greeting and share a good word with our AIM partners and Missionaries.
- We will have bright paper and coloring pens to make cards for our Keep In Touch folks.
- We will be assembling UMCOR Hurricane Relief hygiene kits. (Click here for donations needed.)