In response to Hurricane Dorian, Children & Youth Ministries will be working together to assemble “Flood Buckets” to send to our neighbors in need via UMCOR. If you are interested in participating, we are accepting the following donations from September 21st – October 27th. On Sunday, November 3rd, children & youth will assemble the buckets as part of their Sunday School/BLAST gathering time. Monetary donations are also welcome and will be used to purchase items below
(please direct all monetary donations to the church office).
• 5 gallon round bucket with re-sealable lid
(14.35” h x 12.19” w x 12.19” d – no screw on lids please)
• 32-64 oz. bottle liquid laundry detergent
• 16-40 oz. bottle liquid concentrate household cleaner (to mix with water)
• 16-34 oz. bottle dish soap
• 4-8 oz. pump spray air freshener (no aerosol please)
• 6-14 oz. pump spray insect repellent (no aerosol please)
• scrub brush (with or without handle)
• re-useable cleaning wipes (no terrycloth, microfiber or paper towels)
• scouring pads sponges (no stainless-steel pads with soap in them)
• 36-50 clothespins
• 50-100 ft. clothesline
• 24 roll of heavy-duty trash bags (33-45-gallon sizes)
• N95 particulate respirator dust masks (1-3 mm thickness)
• Durable kitchen gloves
• Work gloves (cotton with leather palm or all leather)
Donation buckets are located in the donation bin closet (across from the church office) as well as outside of the Worship Center on Sunday mornings.
A printable copy of this information is available here.