We are very excited to announce that #LoveLehighValley 2018
will be on Sunday, April 29, 2018.
#LoveLehighValley is our church-wide community service day where we partner with Faith Church and several other local churches to unleash over 2,000 servants into the community.
This day of service is not about getting more people to come to our churches. It's not about getting attention or praise for ourselves. It's not about pushing our faith on other people. It’s about thousands of volunteers serving across the Lehigh Valley for one very simple reason: because we LOVE our community.
There will be over fifty opportunities for people of all ages to serve between 8 AM and 4 PM. We will weed, spread mulch, plant flowers, paint schools, pack brown bag lunches, help out in nursing homes, write letters to incarcerated men and women, and so much more.
We will not have Worship services on Sunday, April 29, or Sunday School, or Small Groups or any regularly scheduled activities here at Asbury Church. Instead we will be the hands and feet of Christ by serving our neighbors in need all across the Lehigh Valley.
So be sure to save the date…#LoveLehighValley 2018 will be Sunday, April 29. You will be able to sign-up for a job on the #LoveLehighValley website beginning Sunday, March 25. T-shirts for all those who volunteer will be available in the Wesley Center lobby beginning Sunday, April 8. Anyone who is interested in being a team lead for a job, please let us know by sending an email to
We are looking forward to an exciting day of loving and serving together…
Sign up to volunteer at #LoveLehighValley 2018 beginning March 25 by going to: www.love-lehighvalley.com
How to Volunteer for #LoveLehighValley
1. Go to www.love-lehighvalley.com and click on the “Sign up” link in the top right corner. You can sign up any time between March 25 through April 25, 2018.
2. Review the list of jobs, select the one that suits you best, and fill out the required information to sign up. All jobs have different time commitments, locations, and physical requirements. Be sure to read each job description carefully. Family friendly jobs will be noted as such. Family and friends are encouraged to sign up together if they wish to work together on the same job.
3. The Team Captain for the job you select will then get in touch with you to review all of the details for the day. Your Team Captain will provide information about exact meeting time, location, and parking; discuss food/drink for the team; recommend supplies/tools, etc.
Special Notes Regarding #LoveLehighValley
- #LoveLehighValley is a rain or shine event. Many jobs are indoors and can be done in any weather. If your job can't be done in the rain, your Team Captain will contact you about moving to a different job site or doing a different job at your site.
- There are jobs available for families with young children, seniors, and people with physical limitations. Be sure to read each job description carefully.
- All volunteers are asked to wear a NEW 2018 #LoveLehighValley T-shirt as a sign of unity between the partnering churches. T-shirts can be picked up at the #LoveLehighValley information table in the Wesley Center lobby of Asbury Church on Sunday 4/8, 4/15 & 4/22. They will also be available in the Asbury Church office during regular office hours (Mon-Fri 8 AM-4 PM). We are asking for a suggested donation of $7.00 per T-shirt/$35.00 maximum per family to help cover the cost.
- There will be a photo team circulating between job sites to take photos and video for use on social media and a celebration video to be created after the event. If you DO NOT want your photo taken, please inform your Team Captain ahead of time.
- More information can be found at www.love-lehighvalley.com. If you have general questions about #LoveLehighValley, please email
. If you have trouble with the #LoveLehighValley website or technical issues signing up for a job, please contact Michelle Anthony at Faith Church (