On Sunday, April 30, 2017 we're not going to DO church. We're going to BE the church. Instead of gathering together to worship with music and a message, we're going to be worshiping our God by serving in our community. It's called #LoveLehighValley.
We will not have Worship services on Sunday, April 30, or Sunday School, or Small Groups or any activities at Asbury Church. Instead we will be partnering with Faith Church, an Evangelical Free Church in Allentown, and several other churches to unleash over 2,000 servants into the community. There will be over fifty opportunities for people of all ages to serve between 8 AM and 4 PM. We will spread mulch, paint parking lots, fix playgrounds, clean up trash, plant flowers, paint schools, prepare information packets, write letters to servicemen and women, and so much more.
Interested in learning more? Check out this celebration video that Faith Church put together from #LoveLehighValley 2016.
This day of service is not about getting more people to come to our churches. It's not about getting attention or praise for ourselves. It's not about pushing our faith on people. It’s about thousands of volunteers serving across the Lehigh Valley because each one of us is beyond proud to call this great community our home. These are the places where we live, work, worship, learn, and play. These are our neighborhoods…and these are our neighbors.
Sign up to volunteer at #LoveLehighValley 2017 beginning March 12th by going to: www.love-lehighvalley.com
How to Volunteer for #LoveLehighValley
1. Go to www.love-lehighvalley.com and click on the “Sign up” link in the top right corner. You can sign up any time between March 12 through April 28, 2017.
2. Review the list of jobs, select the one that suits you best, and fill out the required information to sign up. All jobs have different time commitments, locations, and physical requirements. Be sure to read each job description carefully. Family friendly jobs will be noted as such. Family and friends are encouraged to sign up together if they wish to work together on the same job.
3. The Team Captain for the job you select will then get in touch with you to review all of the details for the day. Your Team Captain will provide information about exact meeting time, location, and parking; discuss food/drink for the team; recommend supplies/tools, etc.
Special Notes Regarding #LoveLehighValley
- #LoveLehighValley is a rain or shine event. Many jobs are indoors and can be done in any weather. If your job can't be done in the rain, your Team Captain will contact you about moving to a different job site or doing a different job at your site.
- There are jobs available for families with young children, seniors, and people with physical limitations. Be sure to read each job description carefully.
- All volunteers are asked to wear a #LoveLehighValley T-shirt as a sign of unity between the partnering churches. T-shirts can be picked up at the #LoveLehighValley information table at Asbury Church on Sunday 3/12, 3/19 & 3/26. After that, they will be available in the Asbury Church office during regular office hours (Mon-Fri 8 AM-4 PM). We are asking for a suggested donation of $7.00 per T-shirt/$35.00 maximum per family to help cover the cost.
- There will be a photo team circulating between job sites to take photos and video for use on social media and a celebration video to be created after the event. If you DO NOT want your photo taken, please inform your Team Captain ahead of time.
- More information can be found at www.love-lehighvalley.com. If you have general questions about #LoveLehighValley, please contact Cristina Lenner at Asbury Church (
). If you have trouble with the #LoveLehighValley website or technical issues signing up for a job, please contact Michelle Anthony at Faith Church (