Posted on 9/16/2019 2:42 PM By Asbury Communications
As many of you know, we began a capital campaign last October to raise funds for specific building projects including a new roof. And I am excited to announce that we have recently made significant progress in our Capital Campaign. We’re so grateful for your generosity, and, in particular, there was one large donation that we want to specifically say “thank you” for: an anonymous family who gave $50,000.
The family made such a substantial contribution because ...
Posted on 9/12/2019 9:19 AM By Asbury Communications
Asbury’s Board of Trustees, the committee charged with ensuring the maintenance, upkeep, and safety of the building and grounds, would like to communicate the following actions which have been approved at their recent meetings:
· Approval for a new “door locking schedule” (approved on August 26). This means the church doors will be locked 15 minutes after the last meeting begins each evening.
· Approval for the donation of a console piano was accepted and is now i ...
Posted on 9/11/2019 4:31 PM By Asbury Communications
Judy Ehninger, Asbury UMC Lay Member to Annual Conference, has submitted her report on the 2019 Eastern PA Annual Conference. The report can be read in full at asburylv.org/ac2019report.
Posted on 9/9/2019 2:54 PM By Asbury Communications
During the months of September and October, Asbury’s UMW is collecting a number of items for the Allentown Ecumenical Food Bank. If you can help this important ministry, drop these items off in the food bank collection containers, located in the Donation Bin Closet across from Asbury’s main office. Items are as follows:
· unused cloth grocery bags
· any and all types of can goods and dry goods
· Tuna Helper
· Hamburger Helper
· stuffing mix
Posted on 9/9/2019 11:14 AM By Asbury Communications
Asbury is in need of dedicated volunteers to assist with various worship-related tasks. Please prayerfully consider the following opportunities and let us know if you can help!
• Lay Reader Scheduler (schedule is made 3 times a year and takes about an hour)
• Multimedia Technicians (run the slides during worship - training provided)
Contact Laurie Wallace Theisen, Director of Lay Ministries, at
Posted on 9/5/2019 2:13 PM By Asbury Communications
United Methodist Women (UMW) Circle
Title: Sarah Circle (United Methodist Women)
Sarah Circle will begin the year by deciding what our study will be for the coming year, so come with ideas! All women are cordially invited to join us. Our meeting must conclude by 8:30PM.
Day/Time: Wednesday Evenings, 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Beginning: Septembe ...
Posted on 9/5/2019 1:43 PM By Asbury Communications
Title: Dig Deep
What is the basis for your faith? How does it stand up to the questions & doubts in today's culture? “Dig Deep”, a small Bible study group, will delve into Chip Ingram’s "Why I Believe." Sessions consist of 25-minute video teachings by Chip Ingram followed by small group discussion and prayer. Classes me ...
Posted on 9/5/2019 1:32 PM By Asbury Communications
Donation bins are now being stored in the closet across from the church offices.
Current donation drives are:
- used cell phones (for Turning Point of the Lehigh Valley; administered by the United Methodist Women (UMW) Suzanna Circle)
- school supplies (for Ramos Elementary School students)
- artificial flowers and small vases (for Community Room project)
- eyeglasses (for Lions Club)
- stamps (for missions)
- Box Tops for Education
- United Methodist Women (UMW) special collection
- Allentown ...
Posted on 9/5/2019 8:13 AM By Asbury Communications
"The Miracles of Jesus"
Title: The Miracles of Jesus
Jesus was observed as a healer of diseases, master of nature, conqueror of demons and death. He not only preached the kingdom of God in word, but he demonstrated it in power through his miraculous deeds.
In six engaging, interactive small group sessions, this Bible study, in the Disciple Bible Study ...
Posted on 9/2/2019 1:45 PM By Asbury Communications
Looking for a tasty way to support missions at Asbury? Join us on Sunday, September 8, between 8:30 AM and 12:30 PM for an Asbury in Mission (AIM) Mission Brunch, supporting the CROP Hunger Walk! The brunch will take place in the Wesley Center.
Volunteers are needed for the brunch! Opportunities include:
- prep food and set up for brunch (Saturday 9/7/19 6:30 PM- 8:30 PM)
- day-of help (pancake makers, servers, runners, busers, dishwasher, bakers and cleanup crew) (Sunday, 9/8/19, 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM) ...